3/14/13
I picked a photograph of my mother, who passed away October 27, 2011, which was taken when she was in her 20s. She looks like a movie star. The vintage letters spell out "she comes to me in butterflies". I had a session with a medium last year that said my mom appears to me in butterflies. I mean, what the heck, why not. I like the idea. The vintage letters I used are sticky, but not enough to stay put once I put on the epoxy, which I found out the hard way. No matter how I positioned the piece, the letters kept slowly migrating across the piece. I took a picture of it while the letters were still in line, and another of it the next day. The letters fairly scattered, but this is how it dried, so that's what the finished product looks like. I like it. Which is good, because there's no changing it once the epoxy sets.
materials: acrylic paint, glue stick, butterfly images found online, xeroxed photo, epoxy
here are the before and after:


No comments:
Post a Comment